
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Saudi Arabian government has condemned the car bomb explosion that killed a Syrian soldier and injured several others in Damascus, Syria, on Tuesday, May 19, 2026. The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs reaffirmed the government's stance of rejecting all forms of violence.
The ministry reiterated the kingdom's "condemnation and denunciation of the explosion incident," as cited by Anadolu.
Saudi Arabia also expressed condolences and solidarity with Syria and hoped for the swift recovery of the injured victims.
According to the Syrian state news agency SANA, a car explosion occurred near the Ministry of Defense building in the Bab Sharqi area of Damascus.
The Syrian military reported that a military unit had previously discovered an explosive device prepared for detonation near one of the ministry buildings. "Security forces immediately moved to deal with and dismantle the device before another car bomb exploded in the same area," a ministry official told SANA.
The explosion killed one Syrian soldier and injured several others. Najib al-Naasan, the director of Damascus ambulance and emergency services, stated that the number of injured victims reached 12 people. So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident occurred as the new Syrian government was tightening national security following the fall of the Bashar al-Assad regime in late 2024. Assad fled to Russia, ending the rule of the Baath Party that had governed Syria since 1963. The transitional government led by President Ahmad Al-Sharaa began its term in January 2025.
Read: Australia Says 13 IS-linked Citizens to Fly Back from Syria
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
At Cannes, Indonesia Seeks Stronger Film Deal with Saudi Arabia
8 hari lalu

The minister has been attending a series of events at the Cannes Film Festival, including a meeting with Saudi Arabian film official.
Indonesia Reports 20 Hajj Pilgrim Deaths in Saudi Arabia
12 hari lalu

Ichsan stated that the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah continues to remind pilgrims to discipline themselves in maintaining their health amidst the hot weather conditions in Saudi Arabia.
Why Saudi Arabia Is Withdrawing from Sport
17 hari lalu

There are few major sports left that are not supported by investment from Saudi Arabia. Is the Saudi sports era over?
Illegal Hajj Risks: Saudi Arabia Issues 10-Year Entry Ban
19 hari lalu

Risks of legal consequences for performing hajj without a hajj visa. What are they?
10 Countries with No Income Tax You Can Move to in 2026
20 hari lalu

Looking for a tax-free life? Explore 10 countries with no income tax to move to in 2026, from the UAE to Monaco.
Foreign Ministry: Three Indonesians Arrested in Mecca Over Hajj Fraud
22 hari lalu

Indonesia's Foreign Ministry says KJRI in Jeddah reports 3 suspected Indonesians arrested in Mecca on April 28.
Why UAE's OPEC Exit Is a Blow to Saudi Arabia
22 hari lalu

The United Arab Emirates is leaving OPEC to pump more oil on its own terms.
Saudi Ambassador Offers Condolences Over Bekasi Train Crash
23 hari lalu

Saudi Ambassador Faisal Abdullah Al Amoudi conveys condolences for the victims of the train crash in the Bekasi area in Indonesia.
UAE Quits OPEC in Shock Move Amid Energy Turmoil
23 hari lalu

The UAE is withdrawing from the OPEC and OPEC+ oil cartels as the Iran war drives a historic energy shock and rattles the global economy.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Strait of Hormuz Threats at UN Council
24 hari lalu

Saudi Arabia's UN envoy Abdulaziz Alwasil warns the Security Council that threats to the Strait of Hormuz jeopardize global energy markets and more.

















































