March 23, 2025 | 10:04 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo has instructed the Chief of the National Police's Detectives, Commissioner General Wahyu Widada, to investigate the pig's head and rat carcasses that were sent to the Tempo media office. The terror was previously reported by the Editor-in-Chief of Tempo along with the Journalist Safety Committee (KKJ) on Friday, March 21, 2025.
"In relation to the incidents at Tempo media, I have already instructed the Chief of Detectives to conduct further investigation," Listyo said after Ramadan safari at the Grand Mosque of Medan on Saturday, March 22, 2025.
Listyo stated that the National Police will provide the best service to follow up on this case. He assured that the police would investigate the incident according to applicable legal procedures.
The terror against Tempo journalists occurred on March 19 at 16:15 WIB (Western Indonesian Time). The Tempo journalist, Cica, only received the package containing the pig's head on March 20 at 15:00 WIB after returning from coverage.
After the incident, the Tempo editorial office received a second terror package in the form of a box containing decapitated rat carcasses. The cleaning staff found the box on Saturday, March 22, 2025, at 08:00 WIB.
The cleaning staff initially thought that the cardboard box wrapped in red rose-patterned gift paper contained instant noodles. However, after opening it, they found six decapitated rat carcasses stacked together. There was no writing inside.
Preliminary examination by the building management indicated that the package containing the rat carcasses was thrown by an unknown person from outside the fence of the Tempo office complex on Jalan Palmerah Barat, South Jakarta, at 02:11 WIB.
The security personnel suspected that the box had hit a parked car before hitting the pavement. There were scratch marks on the car from the box being thrown.
The Press Council urged law enforcement officers to thoroughly investigate the perpetrators of this terror to prevent similar incidents in the future. "Regarding this incident, the Press Council urges law enforcement to thoroughly investigate the perpetrators of the terror. Why? Because if left unchecked, threats and terror like this will continue to occur," said Chairperson of the Press Council Ninik Rahayu in a press conference in Jakarta on Friday.
Terror against journalists and the media is considered a serious threat to press freedom. The Press Council urged the police to immediately arrest the perpetrators and uncover the motives behind the act.
Editor-in-Chief of Tempo, Setri Yasra, said the delivery of rat carcasses further clarified the terror against the Tempo editorial office. Because before the rat carcasses, the Tempo editorial office received a threat message through social media via the Instagram account @derrynoah on March 21, 2025. The account controller stated that they would continue to send terror "until your office is dead".
According to Setri, the delivery of the pig's head and rats is a terror against media work and press freedom. "The sender deliberately terrorized journalists' work," she said. "If the goal is to intimidate, we are not afraid but cease this cowardly act."
On March 21, 2025, Setri visited the National Police Headquarters to report the pig's head package. The package has been handed over to the police as evidence.
The National Police Headquarters has formed a team to investigate the terror and its motives. Around 20 police officers visited the Tempo office and took the package containing the six decapitated rat carcasses sent early Saturday morning.
Egi Adyatama contributed to the writing of this article.
Editor's choice: Rocky Gerung: Terrorizing Tempo With a Pig's Head is an Act of Cowardice
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Rocky Gerung: Terrorizing Tempo With a Pig's Head is an Act of Cowardice
5 jam lalu

Academician Rocky Gerung stated that the incident of sending a pig's head to Tempo's office exceeded what the public could imagine to happen.
LBH Pers Urges Govt Not to Take Lightly the Animal Carcass Terror Against Tempo
6 jam lalu

During the past week, Tempo has experienced two instances of terror threats.
Expert Says Terror Against Tempo is Coercive Social Control
10 jam lalu

Sociology professor refers to the pig's head terror to Tempo journalists as a coercive social control, characterized by an attempt of coercion.
Terror Attack Against Tempo: Here's What National Police Chief Says
12 jam lalu

National Police Chief claims to have ordered the Chief of Detectives to investigate the case of pig's head terror directed at Tempo.
Facts of Terror Attack Against Tempo Office: Pig's Head and Rat Carcasses
13 jam lalu

Tempo once again received a threat from an unknown party; first it was a package of a pig's head, now it was a box with six dead rats in it.
Amnesty International Urges Investigation into Terror Attacks Against Tempo
1 hari lalu

Editor-in-Chief of Tempo, Setri Yasra, said that the delivery of rat carcasses further clarifies the terror against Tempo's editorial office.
Tempo Receives Decapitated Rats, Yet Another Act of Terror
1 hari lalu

A package containing decapitated rat carcasses was thrown into the Tempo office area at 02:11 AM on March 22, 2025.
Prabowo Urged to Review Hasan Nasbi's Position After Insensitive Remark on Pig's Head Threat to Tempo
1 hari lalu

The Civil Society Coalition urges President Prabowo to review Hasan Nasbi's position.
Palace Downplays Pig's Head Delivery to Tempo: Non-Threat to Media
2 hari lalu

Head of the Presidential Office Hasan Nasbi emphasized the government's desire to remain uninvolved in the incident of a pig's head delivery to Tempo.
Martin Suryajaya: Indonesia's Reform Era Officially Ends as Revised TNI Law Passes
2 hari lalu

Martin Suryajaya argues that the passage of the new TNI Law, which risks reinstating the military's dual function, marks a recurring historical cycle